What we can do for you
If you have a trip in mind and you are interested in our support to help you realise your idea, please do send us a message. We can discuss many different options with you, such as what kind of support you require for your trip and what your travel preferences are.
Here are some of the services we offer:
- We can propose destinations and routes, e.g. First time Europe or Latin America, Southeast Asia by train or various Trans-Siberian routes. Also we can cater for themed trips like cheese or wine experiences in France, street food in Asia, historic places in Europe or scenic train routes in Switzerland.
- We can help to organise any chosen route by booking your plane, train and bus tickets, or your hostels, hotels and apartments.
- We can also organise package trips with local partners we know in specific countries for example Chile, Bolivia, Peru, India, Nepal, Mongolia and Europe.
- If you wish, we can stay in contact with you during your trip via eMail, WhatsApp, Skype or by phone if your plans change or any questions arise; We can also give you advice on how to behave in different cultures and what to be aware of.
- We can provide maps, travel books, apps, SIM cards, preconfigured tablets, eBook readers etc. to support and guide you if required
- We can offer flexible apartment and room accommodation in Freiburg, Germany for international guests, allowing you to come back, relax, and travel lighter by leaving any gear at the accommodation. In this way you can make your plans with us personally and perhaps explore the surrounding area and countries with some shorter trips to Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland and beyond.
- As we continue to travel to new places, we will also be able to offer various group trips that you would be welcome to join. You are also welcome to let us know if you have any travel ideas or destinations that you would like to share with us so that we can plan a group trip together. Just contact us
We think we can help travellers who have the following in mind
- If you like to travel independently, either individually, as a couple or in a group of friends.
- If you like to explore independently and yet remain flexible during the journey with regard to your itinerary.
- If you are cost aware and don’t want an all inclusive tour operator and guide.
- But you would still like support when organising transfers and where to stay. This is more practical for travellers as it allows a greater focus on the experience and the journey itself.
- From time to time are willing to book packages with local guides as many experiences are not possible without local people.
- Enjoy staying with local people in order to get closer to that culture and location.
Why choose us?
- We keep a close and personal contact with the travellers we support.
- We are experienced travellers and are aware of their needs.
- We are also aware of the needs of women travelling alone.
- We know how to behave in order to respect different cultures.
- We know the best ways to ensure you are not overcharged.
- We know of many interesting destinations and routes.
- We are knowledgeable on the best ways of enjoying the local food and meeting the local people.
What does it cost?
Depending on the support you require, we will offer a package price for you. For example organising a month long European train tour or the Trans- Siberian railway will cost 300 EUR per person. The trip costs (tickets, transfers, accommodation, food etc.) will be payable by you. This model is cheaper than booking a complete trip with an agency. This is because through our extensive travel experience we have found the best ways to find cheap tickets and affordable accommodation.
To give you an indication of how much money you might spend on a trip:
- An individual, month long European train trip to some of the major cities will cost you between 2’500 EUR (when staying in a hostel dorm rooms, mainly self catered) to 4’500 EUR (staying in apartments mid range hotels and eating in restaurants). If you are staying mainly in Eastern Europe, you can reduce this by about 15%-20%. Flight costs to Europe you will have to add.
- In Russia we spent about 1’200 EUR for one month (including 3rd class train tickets),
- In Mongolia we spent about 1’100 EUR for one month (around half of this price was taken up by an 8 day trip with local operators to Gobi desert and an additional guided horse riding trip of 3 days).
- In China we spent about 900 EUR for one month and in most places in Southeast Asia you can live comfortably with 700 to 800 EUR per month. However, in Singapore we experienced similar costs as Europe.
- Including flights and train tickets we spent round 9’000 EUR for our 8 month trip in 2016 through Russia, Mongolia, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. We mainly stayed in hostels (private rooms) and cheap and clean hotels.